There are several ways that students enrolled in UNT CVAD’s MA in IxD program can obtain financial support to support their studies. These are described briefly here, and more details are available on the webpages linked to the URLs listed below.
We strongly recommend that potential MA in IxD students begin by visiting UNT’s Student Accounting and University Cashiering Services (SAUCS) to calculate what the cost of your specific tuition would be. Several variables affect this calculation, such as whether you are an “in-state,” “Oklahoma resident,” or “out-of-state” student, whether you are a U.S. citizen or a citizen of another country, whether you are a veteran of the U.S. military, etc. These are explained clearly at the webpages you’ll find at: http://studentaccounting.unt.edu/traditional-tuition-plan-calculator
Many students in the MA in IxD program are eligible for Federal Student Aid. We encourage all of the students enrolled in our program to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) once per year.
We also encourage students in the MA in IxD program to make use of the tools and resources at the Gradsense website to help them plan and manage their costs: http://gradsense.org/gradsense
When it comes to funding that MA in IxD students can obtain through scholarships, awards, grants, fellowships, and teaching and research assistantships, the space available here is too confined to list them all. To see a much more comprehensive list of:
- UNT Toulouse Graduate School Scholarships & Awards;
- UNT-sponsored scholarships;
- Opportunities for External Grants and Scholarships
please peruse the information you’ll find by visiting: https://tgs.unt.edu/future-students/funding-your-graduate-education/awards
In particular, we encourage students enrolled in the MA in IxD program to use the information found at the URL above to learn about:
- Academic Achievement Scholarships (AAS);
- The Tuition Benefit Program (TBP);
- General Academic Scholarships (GAS);
- UNT’s Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships;
- Teaching Assistantships and Fellowships offered by the College of Visual Arts and Design (CVAD) and CVAD’s Department of Design (https://art.unt.edu/fellowships-assistantships).